Sunday, July 21, 2019
RE: Unity of the Hill Country Update from the Board of Trustees.
A quick update by the Administrative Leadership Team (Beverly Pryor, Minister, and the Board of Trustees). This update is a condensed view of the health and activities of the community plus a snapshot of current and future projects approved and underway by the community.
July 8, 2019: Unity of the Hill Country met to review the new contract for Reverend Beverly. It seems like yesterday since she first stood before us but trust me it has been a year. She completed the milestones outlined in the original contract and will complete an exhaustive rubric of competency requirements culminating in Reverend Beverly’s Ordination next March 2020. The Board drafted and completed a revised and updated contract which was presented at the July 17 Board of Trustees meeting.
Board Meeting: On July 17, 2019, the Board of Trustees assembled for the monthly Board Meeting of Unity of the Hill Country. All members were present.
- Treasurers Overview. Financial reporting presented by Treasurer, Jack Porter, reflects strong adherence to fiscal responsibility by all staff and departments. Our generous community continues to exemplify a “Spirit of Abundance” and the Board of trustees thanks you for your support and contributions.
- Staff Updates: Welcome Brianna Jones as administrative assistant. She’s happy to be here and we’re excited to have her.
- Finance Team: Moving forward with purpose, objectives and formation.
- Community Feedback: The Board reviewed the first Annual Minister’s Assessment/Feedback survey result reflecting a positive and lasting impact in our community as reflected by approval by members of the Unity of the Hill Country community.
- “Year in Review” Town Hall Meeting: August 11, after 11:00 AM service. This informative session will focus on changes, results and accomplishments. Your input and participation is instrumental in making this event a success.
- Future Planning Meeting: Saturday, September 7, 10am-3:30pm. (30 min brownbag lunch). The Board will host a Mission and Vision Refresh meeting. All are encouraged to participate.
- CPR Class: Saturday, September 21, 10am-3:30pm (30 min brownbag lunch). Jack Porter and one of his certification associates will offer a CPR Class at UHC. This basic CPR Class is slated for 5 hours and will cost $20 for materials plus a love offering for the Instructors> Jack associate will be driving from Houston, TX. This class is comprehensive and provide a Basic CPR Certificate. Class size is limited to 35 persons and a sign-up sheet will be at the volunteer table next Sunday.
After completion of all new business Reverend Beverly delivered a closing prayer and we adjourned ay 8:15 PM.