- We who seek a fuller, richer, more loving understanding of a spiritual path based on the teachings and example set through the life of Jesus.
- We who may have spiritual wounds created by a closed or judgmental approach previously experienced.
- We who have glimpsed in ourselves judgments we hold of others and are seeking ways to release judgments.
- We who long for a place to explore new ways of healing and being all we are created to be.
- We who hold a vision of a spiritual home where we can all abide in peace.
- We are a group of spiritual beings having a human experience, building a world that works for all.
- We find a home in Unity, when we are willing to:
Lay aside our previous theories and beliefs for a while in order to explore and experience various paths to God. (put new wine into old wineskins) Luke 5:37
Repent (change, turn about, recognize there is another way, give up our yes buts) and become like little children (trusting, loving, forgiving). Matthew 18:3
“Know that God’s Divine destiny for His creation is accomplished through the interweaving of human lives.”
In answer to the question “What is Unity?” we might say here that Unity is an open door to self-discovery for those who are curious and those who want to know more of the meaning of the world around and within them. Unity is a pathway to understanding for those who cannot accept final answers and precast spirituality, who feel the urge of curiosity, and who are willing to brave the scorn and ridicule of the passing throng, like Zacchaeus, who climbed a tree to get a look at Jesus passing by. Some people may say of you as they probably said of Zacchaeus, that you are way out on a limb in your spiritual seeking, but he saw the Christ and gained a wonderful awakening. So will you. Fortunately, as time goes on, more and more people are becoming open-minded about paths of self-discovery like Unity. “Unity: A Quest for Truth” (1995)
We inspire spiritual transformation through prayer, education, self-exploration, and sacred service.
United in Spirit, we celebrate the Awakening Divinity in ALL!
Spiritual - Love - Integrity - Acceptance - Dynamic
Five Principles of Unity
1. God is absolute good, everywhere present.
2. Human beings have a spark of divinity within them, the Christ spirit within. Their very essence is of God, and therefore they are also inherently good.
3. Human beings create their experiences by the activity of their thinking. Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought.
4. Prayer is creative thinking that heightens the connection with God-Mind and therefore brings forth wisdom, healing, prosperity and everything good.
5. Knowing and understanding the laws of life, also called truth, are not enough. A person must also live the truth that he or she knows.